-
September 15th, 2004, 09:45 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Well, i must say i was suprised.
I'm president of my schools anime club and all my older friends that were into yaoi had graduated. i was deeply saddend by the thought i'd never get to show Gravitation to keep my show one yaoi every year and nearly be suspended streak going.
That is till i met this years new wave of freshmen. Holy hot damn, due to my knowlage (and colletion) i've been asked left and right to lend and converse on the finer (read smuttier) points of yaoi.
I was left with a fuzzy feeling inside knowing that even when i'm gone from highschool, there will still be a rabid yaoi girl to torment my schools anime club when i'm gone ^_^
-
September 16th, 2004, 01:06 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Awesome... Yeah, I can't say there's too many other freshmen like my friend and I (we LOVE yaoi) but I'm sure there's some out there that we haven't met... I hope...
-
September 16th, 2004, 05:08 PM
#3
Inactive Member
w00t!~ XD That's great. ^___^= one of the older girls in my school started an anime club and she said i was going to be the president of it since she was applying for Uni... XD we're gonna show Yami no Matsuei for sure. :3
I don't know how the system works (i'm living in the UK).. but i think i'm in 10th grade. Among us in our year who even know about anime, there are only about 4 of us who like shonen-ai, and even less who have read yaoi... and like it. <<
The one who started the anime club expressed concern/shock/amusement when i told her about the gravitation remixes, and leant them to her... <<;
*sigh* ^_^;;;;
-
September 16th, 2004, 07:07 PM
#4
Inactive Member
in my highschool anime is shunned upon. they have never even heard of yaio...and the most anime they've seen is what is shown on cartoon network.
most ppl in my school think anime is dragonball z and sailor moon and that is the extent of it. so even tho ppl like my work...i rarely showed them my anime stuff. i usually showed them the abstracts, or the real life or u know "real art" or so they say.
even now at the university. im hesitant to admit that i draw anime...i dont even say comic. sometimes art ppl can be real pricks. one kid admitted he drew anime....and the whole class kinda smirked..i looked at him and kinda nodded at him lol...i feel like by hiding it im betraying it or something...but all in good time.
-
September 17th, 2004, 08:42 PM
#5
Inactive Member
hmm.. that was almost how it was when i first came to the school i'm in now... i don't know how it changed so much. Many people have heard of anime now, and even yaoi, and yuri.
it's very strange. i remember when i first came, i was doodling in class, and people started talking about pokemon. x-x;
it's kind of sad that people are so mocking towards anime... not just anime, but in general, things that people like. *sighs* oh well...
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ September 17, 2004 05:42 PM: Message edited by: miyun ]</font>
-
September 17th, 2004, 09:47 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I think that if I asked anyone outside my best friend about yaoi or yuri, they'd have no idea what I'm talking about... Also, whenever I say that I like anime around "The Normals," the immediate reaction is, "*snicker* You like Pokemon? WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" It's depressing...
However, I am a bit happy because I joined the Creative Writing Club and pretty much EVERYONE in there has read or seen anime and manga. It's basically the mainstream stuff like Fruits Basket or Chobits, but some of them have stuff I've never heard of.
I actually started a whole anime/manga related conversation/debate by wearing my Yu Yu Hakusho shirt to school. People actually recognized it! It was amazing! I finally found my happy place... We also started talking about webcomics. It was wonderful... *cries tears of joy*
-
September 18th, 2004, 01:50 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Most people at my skool are into yuri. And when I ask them if they like yaoi they say "what the hell is that?". I can't believe these people!!! I actually mad me angry.
My freind and I tried to form an shounen ai/yaoi club. The principle didn't know what shounen ai was or yaoi so he signed for it anyway. We were gonna show movies like Gravitation and Earthian and some other shounen ai/yaoi movies. Well the principle walked in and saw the part when Chihaya and Kagetsuya were in bed and actually turned red and literally pulled the plug from the TV. I had detention for a week. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] After the incident he said we couldn't have our club anymore.
The following day I had my art class. I drew that very same scene that got me in trouble for a project. My art teacher gave me a 100%, he said he was thinkin of showing to the rest of the skool.
Could this mean another week's detention?
Possibly so but I don't care!!!! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]
Cuz I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Earthian!!!
-
September 20th, 2004, 06:04 PM
#8
Inactive Member
heehee. XD go you!!! fight for YAOI!~~
i have every intention of showing /something/ yaoi-ish at the anime club. <<;;; my friends might have something to say about that.... oops. =.=
-
September 21st, 2004, 12:07 AM
#9
Inactive Member
YAY! Go Me! hehe Most people I know don't know what yaoi is so.... well...they are my friends but about 3 out of 10 of my friends know AND like yaoi. AND one of the 3 is a guy! YAY! Well he doesn't like it, it's that unlike other people he doesn't have a problem with seeing 2 guys all over eachother...@_*
Sorry got kinda carried away ^_^;
*thinks yaoi thought* OvO
-
September 23rd, 2004, 07:11 PM
#10
Inactive Member
well today im going to go to an anime club meeting. never been to one...never been around other ppl who like anime. im kinda worried i really hope its not full of geeks who are like "DRAGON BALL Z yeahhhh...magic cards yeahhhh."
cuz no....thats not me. i really just want to meet ppl who have similar interests..maybe they go to anime con events or something i dunno. ill see it how goes i guess. either way if its dreadfull ill just disappear.
edit: OH MY GOD. That was the most horrible thing I have ever been through. I left there in like 15 mins. Hell no im not joining that club. omg. it was awful. and they were talking about DBZ. the one thing i was dreading most of all. i think ive never envisioned shooting my self in the head more vividly than being in that room.
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ September 23, 2004 06:37 PM: Message edited by: jadey ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks